“When will Vietnam open borders for tourism” is perhaps the most asked question so far regarding Vietnam border reopening. And this post will give you the answer.
The Vietnam’s Government Leaders, on February 16, 2022, agreed on the proposal of Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism of Vietnam on fully reopening international tourism and lifting all travel restrictions from March 15.
Accordingly, the restrictions imposed on Vietnam visa issuance, unilateral and bilateral visa exemption will be removed then.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs will coordinate with the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism to complete detailed plans on tourism resumption and devise a policy on visas for foreign tourists.
According to the ministry’s spokesperson Le Thi Thu Hang the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism has been assigned to work on regulations towards international visitors, and join hands with the relevant ministries and agencies to make a detailed report on the visa policy to the Government and the Prime Minister.
Visa procedures will basically continue to be carried out in accordance with existing legal documents such as the Law on Foreigners’ Entry in, Exit from, Transit through and Residence in Vietnam, she said at a press conference on February 17.
As of February 16, a total of 14 countries and territories had recognised Vietnam’s vaccine passport. They are Japan, the US, the UK, Australia, India, Belarus, Cambodia, the Philippines, Palestine, Maldives, New Zealand, Sri Lanka, Egypt and Turkey.
A number of other partners are considering the recognition and will reply soon, she said, noting that the foreign ministry and Vietnamese representative offices in foreign countries are working hard to win their recognition of the Vietnamese vaccine passport.
Vietnam has accepted vaccination certificates or vaccine passports of 79 countries and territories, which were officially sent to the foreign ministry, Vietnam News Agency reported.
Want to be the very first persons to get a tourist visa for Vietnam?
To enter Vietnam then, the travelers must ensure to:
- Have a passport of at least 6-month validity
- Have a full-vaccination certificates with the 2nd dose administered within 6 months, or a certificate of being recovered from Covid within 6 months (for travelers aged from 12)
- Have certificate of Negative Covid-19 Test Result (test taken within 24 hours prior to Vietnam arrival in case of rapid test, or 72 hours in case of RT-PCR test)
- Have valid Vietnam entry paper (if required)
- Install at least 01 app for health management as regulated by the Vietnam authorities
- Have a health insurance (to cover Covid Treatment)
And upon arrival in Vietnam, they will be subject to the following regulations on Covid Test and health monitoring:
If you the travelers are entering Vietnam by air:
- Those showing Covid symptoms would have to undergo a rapid Covid test when they land at the airport
- In other cases, they would spend one-day quarantine in their hotel or accommodation facility until they furnish a negative Covid test result (rapid test or RT-PRC test).
- All would continue monitoring their health for 14 days as per the protocol of the Ministry of Health.