Southeast Asia is aggressively lifting restrictions due to Covid-19, creating favorable conditions for foreign tourists to travel. In particular, Vietnam has the most gentle regulations for foreign tourists.
On March 17, Vietnam eased quarantine regulations for all foreign visitors. This creates favorable conditions for foreign tourists to return to Vietnam, a country with top tourist attractions in the region and the world, after a 2-year hiatus due to the pandemic.
The Philippines and Myanmar will also facilitate the entry of foreign tourists who have been fully vaccinated from April 1, 2022. The Indonesian government will also update quarantine measures next Monday. The island nation also said that it would lift quarantine measures for international visitors from April or earlier after testing in Bali. The island reopened but only attracted two foreign tourists in the first month.
According to the Asian Development Bank, tourism accounted for 12.1% of Southeast Asia’s GDP and employed 42 million people in 2019. After that, the pandemic broke out and the tourism industry was almost paralyzed, leaving many the unemployed, even the poor. The reopening to foreign tourists is considered very important to the region, helping to develop the economy and create jobs for a large number of people.
The number of cases in the Philippines and Indonesia has decreased, although some other countries are still high. The good news, however, is that vaccination rates are improving throughout the region, allowing for a reopening. In Singapore, the Government is also working to open the door to foreign visitors as soon as possible and restore it to 50% of normal this year.
Here are some requirements for foreign visitors of Southeast Asian countries:
– Philippines requires antigen test and negative PCR test result 48 hours prior to departure.
– Malaysia requires PCR test 2 days before departure, antigen test at the airport or any medical facility within 24 hours after entry.
– Vietnam requires a Covid-19 test within the first 24 hours after arrival if travelers have not been tested within 24 to 72 hours before departure.
– Indonesia requires guests to have a negative PCR test result 48 hours before departure.
– Singapore requires travelers to have a PCR or antigen test done by a medical facility within 2 days prior to departure and an antigen test (not necessarily by a medical facility) within 24 hours of entry scene.
Thus, it can be seen that Vietnam’s regulations are the most gentle with foreign tourists. This also creates the best conditions for tourists who want to come to Vietnam. In addition, Vietnam is also one of the countries with the highest vaccination rates in the world.
Although the first injection was administered on March 8, 2021, by the end of March 11, 2022, Vietnam had more than 200 million doses of Covid-19 vaccine injected, of which 81.14% of the population received at least 1 dose of the Covid-19 vaccine. Many people have also received the 3rd injection.