Are you a struggling project manager in your field and want to increase the marketability of your professional profile to employers? Do you want to be prominent in a crowd? Do you want to maximize your earning potential in your respective field?
PMP Training is the program that can provide you with the desired results. PMP Training is the tool that will enhance and legalize your professional skills and competence to lead and direct the projects. According to a PriceWaterhouseCoopers survey, 80% of successful and high-performing projects were led by certified project managers.
- 1 What is PMP Training?
- 2 What is PMI?
- 3 Why PMP Certification?
- 4 What Are The Eligibility Criteria For PMP Certification?
- 5 PMP Training Requirements-High School Diploma, Associate degree, Or Global Equivalent
- 6 PMP Training Requirements-Bachelor’s Degree Or Global Equivalent
- 7 PMP Training Requirements-Post-Graduate Degree or Global equivalent
- 8 Reasons Why You Should Get PMP Certification:
- 9 Why PMP Training?
- 10 Process of PMP Exam
- 11 How Much Does It Cost To Become PMP Certified?
- 12 Final Thoughts:
- 13 Works Cited
What is PMP Training?
PMP Training stands for Project Management Professional, an internationally recognized project management certification program that helps to legalize a professional’s education, experience, skills, competence that is compulsory to lead and manage a project across any professional field. PMP Training certification is owned by PMI (Project Management institute-USA).
PMP Training is the perfect solution to provide you with the project management insights, perspectives, and tool-set to succeed as a project manager. Whether you are searching to get the PMP Training or you have got already, join us in this conversation as it can help you understand the PMP Training and you can get your answers regarding it.
What is PMI?
The Project Management Institute is a world leader in advancing the project management profession worldwide. PMI is the world’s largest professional association for a fast-growing international community of millions of project professionals. PMI offers various certifications that help to raise knowledge and competency of the project management professions.
Why PMP Certification?
A project management professional who is doing a project without having a certification and becoming successful in doing project management is all okay, but the success in the project by aligning to the best practice and standards which is recognized globally will provide a better platform for the professionals. PMP Training is compulsory to do the projects better and achieve the results as intended objectives of the projects being directed.
Moreover, PMP certification is a program that can be applied to any kind of project, including construction, healthcare, manufacturing, I.T, finance, education, consultancy, pharmaceutical, retail, aviation, etc. PMP training & certification is proven in all industries. It helps to enhance the performance at every stage of both the individual and their organization.
What Are The Eligibility Criteria For PMP Certification?
If you have decided to get PMP certification, you have a bright future waiting for you! But getting PMP Training is not as simple as a test. To get PMP certification, there are certain real-time educational and professional requirements to meet that enable you to be a PMP. PMP Training requirements vary based on your education and experience level as follows:
PMP Training Requirements-High School Diploma, Associate degree, Or Global Equivalent
- 60 months of professional project management experience
- 35 hours of formal project management education
PMP Training Requirements-Bachelor’s Degree Or Global Equivalent
- 36 months of professional project management experience
- 35 hours formal project management education
PMP Training Requirements-Post-Graduate Degree or Global equivalent
- 24 months of professional project management experience
- 35 hours of formal project management education
|Eligibility Requirements||Experience in PM||Formal PM Education|
|High School or Associate Diploma||60 months||35 contact hours|
|Bachelor’s Degree||36 months||35 contact hours|
|Post-Graduate Degree||2 months||35 contact hours|
Reasons Why You Should Get PMP Certification:
Project managers who are PMP certified earn 23 percent more than their counterparts in over 37 countries, and a rough estimate of how much a salary increase equates to is $10,000. So the PMP Training certified managers earn $10,000 more than those who don’t have project management certification. You might be wondering why PMP certified project managers are more competent and earn more money than their counterparts; here are the reasons:
- PMP Training sharpens the project manager’s ability to better understand the project management methodology.
- PMP Training and certification is a globally recognized program and helps to increase the marketability of your profile to employers.
- A PMP-certified professional stands out in a crowd and has more earning potential as compared to non-certified project managers.
- PMP Training opens you up for more job opportunities. It opens the doors up to a lot of employers who only want the people who are certified.
- PMP certification is not subjected to a specific industry, but it is a framework for managing projects successfully. If you want to change the industry, the PMP certification will apply to any industry in the world.
- PMP certification is a great investment as you can be certified in a month or two at an appropriate cost.
- Once you are PMP certified, you become a part of a global community of professionals who are all interested in project management. There are millions of professionals who are members at PMI (Project Management Institute).
Why PMP Training?
PMP Training and Certification provides the bigger benefits to both the individual and organization in terms of:
- Provides a characterized and interconnected picture of the entire PM process
- Provides a definitive framework for implementing PM concepts
- Helps in leading the project through its various stages of the lifecycle
- Provides a cohesive overview of the project, which helps in better management
- Helps in effective decision making and comprehend the best practices all time
Process of PMP Exam
The PMP certification exam is a combination of 200 MCQs (multiple-choice questions), multiple responses, matching, hotspot, and limited fill-in-the-blank. And the candidate has 4 hours to answer these questions. Out of 200 questions,25 questions are pretest questions. If you don’t pass the exam on the first attempt, don’t worry, you can take a total of 3 chances in a year to pass the PMP certification exam.
When you pass the PMP certification exam, it will be valid for the next 03 years, and during that time, you will have to earn 60-PDUs by your education and project management experience to maintain your PMP certification.
How Much Does It Cost To Become PMP Certified?
You have to pay a fixed cost to take the PMP certification exam. You can save more in the long run if you are a PMI member, especially if you want to maintain and renew your membership on a regular basis. (https://www.pmi.org/, n.d.)
|PMI Membership Fee||$139||n/a|
|PMI Exam Fee||$405||$555|
|PMI Re-Examination Fee||$275||$375|
|Certification Renewal Fee||$60||$150|
If you are working in any industry as a project manager and want to raise your skill level and competency along with more earnings, you should go for PMP Training and certification. It will allow you to become a member of a community of professionals on a globally recognized platform. You can get more job opportunities, understand better project management methodology, and better salary. It can boost up your career, skills, and competence to stand out in the crowd!