Only one location remained under lockdown in Ho Chi Minh City as of Monday afternoon, for the city has not recorded any community-based COVID-19 cases since February 11.
The location is Block F of the Carillon apartment building at 1 Tran Van Danh Street in Ward 13, Tan Binh District.
Ho Chi Minh City authorities announced multiple isolated locations in Thu Duc City and its other districts between February 8 and 15.
Eighteen lockdown areas were declared on February 8 alone.
Until that day, the city’s authorities had identified up to 29 local COVID-19 infections, all related to the infection cluster at Tan Son Nhat International Airport.
The total number of infections that can be traced back to the airport cluster stopped at 35 as of February 11.
The municipal health sector also called on people who had been to sites where COVID-19 patients had visited to promptly make health declarations.
The Ho Chi Minh City Center for Disease Control (HCDC) said on Monday that the city had gone 11 days without any community-based COVID-19 cases detected since February 11.
However, the HCDC is still continuing to receive medical declarations and conduct sampling on people coming from localities subject to social distancing codes or with COVD-19 outbreaks.
The center encouraged people to stay alert, not neglectful, and honest in medical declarations.
As of Monday morning, the city had received a total of 154,276 medical declarations, 256 cases of which have been sent to centralized quarantine facilities, 23 have been requested to home-isolate, and the rest must self-monitor their health.
As many as 8,111 cases were also randomly tested at the city’s airport, bus stations, and railway stations. Of that, 8,055 returned negative for the novel coronavirus, while 156 are pending results.
At 3:00 pm on Monday, after the Ministry of Health confirmed a new community case of COVID-19 at Village 4 in Hoang Dong Commune, Thuy Nguyen District, Hai Phong, the HCDC issued an announcement asking people coming to Ho Chi Minh City from that location within the past 14 days to self-quarantine at home for 14 days.
Those who have a travel history in the aforementioned location in the past 14 days should closely monitor their health.
Vietnam had spent almost two months detecting no domestic infection before it found the first local case on January 27 and confirmed it one day later, the health ministry said.
A total of 803 local cases have been detected in 13 provinces and cities since then, making it the most serious wave to have struck Vietnam after the first-ever COVID-19 patient was recorded in the country on January 23, 2020.
In this latest wave, 620 cases were logged in Hai Duong Province, 60 in Quang Ninh Province, 27 in Gia Lai Province, 35 in Hanoi, five in Bac Ninh Province, two in Bac Giang Province, 36 in Ho Chi Minh City, two in Hoa Binh Province, one in Ha Giang Province, three in Dien Bien Province, six in Binh Duong Province, four in Hai Phong, and two in Hung Yen Province.
The national tally stood at 2,395 coronavirus cases, including 1,496 local infections, as of Tuesday morning, with 1,717 recoveries and 35 virus-related deaths, according to the Ministry of Health’s data.
This article was originally published on Tuoitre
text: ‘Report this ad’,
text: ‘Privacy settings’,