Keep yourself healthy
Tips to keep you healthy:
- Cook food thoroughly. This is tantamount to refusing to eat any raw or semi-cooked food, especially street food.
- Drink only bottled water or cooled boiled water. Tap water is not drinkable in Vietnam, so your water bottle here will not be of much use. You can buy a 1.5l bottle of mineral water and take it with you. Try to avoid ice at all times.
- Wash your hands often before eating and after using the toilet. It’s best to keep hand sanitizer handy and use it as often as possible. Hand sanitizer is also available for purchase in most supermarkets in Vietnam.
- Avoid lettuce, unpeeled fruits and vegetables at street vendors. Local authorities also recommend washing the fruit thoroughly before consuming.
- Continue working. Traveling to a foreign country can sometimes mean overeating seafood and foreign cuisines. Help your digestive system by going for a light walk after a heavy meal and staying active during the day with gentle activities like hiking, hiking, and swimming.