Secretary of Ha Noi Municipal Party Committee Vuong Dinh Hue was elected as new Chairman of Vietnam’s National Assembly at the Legislature’s working session this morning.
Speaking at the swearing-in ceremony, Hue pledged to stay loyal to the Fatherland, the people and the Constitution of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam.
He also promised to fulfill his duties assigned to him by the Party, State and people, saying that this is a great honor and also a great responsibility for him.
As the top legislator, Hue committed to continue innovating and improving the quality and effectiveness of the legislative body for the ultimate goal of protecting the national interests and for happiness of the people.
Here’s what we know so far about Vuong Dinh Hue.
- Date of birth: March 15, 1957,
- Native land: Nghi Xuan Commune, Nghi Loc District, Nghe An Province
- Date of Party admission: September 9, 1984
- Date of official membership: September 9, 1985
- Education: Professor, Doctor of Economics
- Member of the Party Central Committee: 10th, 11th, 12th and 13th tenures
- Politburo member of CPV Central Committee: 12th, 13th tenure
- From 1979-1985: Lecturer at the University of Finance and Accountancy, Ha Noi (now Academy of Finance)
- From 1986-1990: PhD candidate at University of Economics Bratislava, the Republic of Slovakia
- From 1991-2001: Lecturer, Vice Dean, Dean, Assistant Principal of the University of Finance and Accountancy, now Academy of Finance
- From 2001-2006: Vice Chief State Auditor
- From 2006-2011: Member of the CPV Central Committee, Chief State Auditor
- From August 2011-May 2013: Member of the CPV Central Committee, Minister of Finance, Chairman of the State Capital Investment Corporation, Chairman of Vietnam Social Security.
- From December 2012-April 2016: Member of the CPV Central Committee, Politburo member of the 12th-tenure CPV Central Committee, Head of the Party Central Committee’s Economic Commission.
- From April 2016-February 2020: Politburo member, Deputy Prime Minister, Head of the Steering Committee for Southwest Region.
- From February 2020 to March 2021: Secretary of the Ha Noi Municipal Party Committee.
- From March 31, 2021: Chairman of the National Assembly.
Source: Vietnam Government Portal
text: ‘Report this ad’,
text: ‘Privacy settings’,