Hanoi police discover 46 illegal immigrants

, Hanoi police discover 46 illegal immigrants

Following reports of a group of illegal immigrants in Nam Tu Liem District, Hanoi police promptly detected over two score of foreigners, said to be Chinese nationals, who had allegedly entered Vietnam through unlawful means during a raid in the late hours of Sunday.

A total of 46 illegals were found during the swoop, Ho Trong Thang, chairman of the Cau Dien Ward People’s Committee under Nam Tu Liem District, said on Sunday.

The illegal entrants were discovered living in the Florence apartment building on 28 Tran Huu Duc Street.

Meanwhile, a source from the ward’s officials indicated that all of the illegals in the group are Chinese.

At 0:10 am on Monday, local authorities were still verifying the identities of the illegals on the third floor of the building.

Medical and police officers also showed up at the scene to perform medical screening and convey the immigrants in question to the quarantine ward at the Hanoi Municipal Police Hospital, which is located in Cua Nam Ward of Hoan Kiem District.

According to Thang, local officials are working with police to clear the case.

(vitag.Init = window.vitag.Init || []).push(function () { viAPItag.display(“vi_682621617”) })

Vietnam is staying on high alert against border jumpers, who could bring the COVID-19 pathogen into the country and enkindle another outbreak.

The Southeast Asian nation has gone through three outbreaks of COVID-19, with 2,962 infections, 2,549 recoveries, and 35 deaths, according to the Ministry of Health’s statistics.

On Thursday last week, Vietnam announced the first six local infections in over a month.

READ MORE:  Here’s a sample of how Vietnam has responded well to the Covid-19 pandemic

Since then, 24 domestic cases have been recorded in the country.

Locals started enjoying a four-day holiday to celebrate Reunification Day and International Workers’ Day on Friday, which pulled citizens to domestic tourism hubs in droves and raised concerns over COVID-19 spread.

The country already canceled fireworks displays intended to celebrate the occasions given the health ministry’s warning of a large-scale outbreak.

(vitag.Init = window.vitag.Init || []).push(function () { viAPItag.display(“vi_682621617”) })

Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City, and other provinces have shuttered non-essential services such as karaoke parlors, nightclubs, discos, and online game centers to quell the virus.

This article was originally published in Tuoitrenews

News related