The Vietnam’s Government Leaders have agreed on the proposal on fully reopening international tourism and lifting all travel restrictions from March 15. Accordingly, the restrictions imposed on Vietnam visa issuance, unilateral and bilateral visa exemption will be removed then.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs will coordinate with the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism to complete detailed plans on tourism resumption and devise a policy on visas for foreign tourists.
In this article, you will find a complete guide to obtaining an e-Visa for Vietnam by the Immigration Department.
Vietnamese visa is a kind of travel documents granted by Vietnamese competent authorities, providing permission to travel to and enter Vietnam.
An electronic visa (E-visa) is one of visa types issued to foreigners by Vietnamese Immigration Department via electronic system. Vietnam E-visa is valid for maximum of 30 days, single entry.
Outside Vietnam foreigners who want to enter Vietnam can personally apply for E-visa or through the inviting/guaranteeing agencies and organizations.
E-visa fee is paid via electronic payment gateway as prescribed by the Immigration Department. The fee will not be refunded if the application is refused.
List of Countries that allowed E-visa issuing.
List of Ports that allowed foreigners enter and exit Vietnam by E-visa.
Conditions for being granted e-visa:
- Outside Vietnam foreigners;
- Holding valid passport;
- Not falling into the cases of suspension from entry prescribed in Article 21 of Law on foreigners’ entry into, exit from, transit through, residence in Vietnam.
- For outside Vietnam foreigners, click here,
- For inviting, guaranteeing authority/organization, click here,
- For airlines, click here.
Notes: E-visa holders in Vietnam may be considered to get new visa if being invited/guaranteed by authority/organization/individual in Vietnam in accordance with Law on foreigners’ entry into, exit from, transit through, residence in Vietnam.
Foreigners who entry Vietnam must comply with Vietnamese law.
Inviting/guaranteeing foreigners in accordance with section 1, Article 16, Law on foreigners’ entry into, exit from, transit through, residence in Vietnam; can be applied through electronic system (click here).
Notice: Foreigners falling into the cases prescribed in Clauses 1, 2, 3 and 4, Article 8 of the Law on foreigners’ entry into, exit from, transit through and residence in Vietnam, shall not apply for e-visa on this Website. They should send visa applications via the inviting or guaranteeing agencies and organizations to the competent agency of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. (Click for detail)
E-VISA FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Who is eligible for an e-Visa?
Vietnam is currently launching a pilot e-Visa system for citizens from 80 countries.
- How long does it take to obtain an e-Visa?
An e-Visa is processed within 03 working days after the Vietnam Immigration Department receives the completed application and full e-Visa fee.
- How long is an e-Visa valid for?
An e-Visa is single entry and valid for a maximum of 30 days.
- What is the minimum passport expiry date required to apply for an e-Visa?
According to Vietnam Law, the visa expiry date must be at least 30 days before the passport expiry date. Therefore, an e-Visa expiry date must also be at least 30 days before the passport expiry date.
- How can I check my e-Visa result?
To check an e-Visa result, follow these steps:
Step 1: Vist the page: https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/tra-cuu-ho-so
Step 2: Provide the required information, including registration code, email and date of birth, to check and print your e-Visa result.
* Note: Registration code must be saved in order to check and print e-Visa and No email will be sent regarding e-Visa results.
- What if I have queries about my e-Visa?
Two options are available to answer queries:
Option 1: Check for more information on the FAQs page.
Option 2: Send your queries via the e-Visa Support page.
E-Visa application procedures
- How can I apply to stay in Vietnam for longer than my e-Visa permits?
After entering Vietnam by e-Visa, you can request an agency/organization/individual in Vietnam to guarantee your stay and apply on your behalf for a new visa at the Vietnam Immigration Department in accordance with Section 1, Article 16 of the Law on Entry, Exit, Transit and Residence of Foreigners in Vietnam.
- Can a Vietnamese citizen invite or guarantee my stay in Vietnam and apply for an e-Visa on my behalf?
Vietnamese citizens are not allowed to guarantee a foreigner’s stay in Vietnam with e-Visa. Foreigners must apply for an e-Visa either by themselves or through a guaranteeing agency or organization in Vietnam.
- How does an inviting or guaranteeing agency or organization apply for an e-Visa on my behalf?
Inviting or guaranteeing agencies or organizations must follow these steps:
Step 1: Apply for an account and electronic signature via Form 03 to sign in.
Step 2:Provide the required information of the foreign applicant, sign the application with the registered electronic signature and pay the e-Visa fee to complete the procedure.
- As an airline representative, how can I search for the e-Visa information of passengers flying to Vietnam?
You can check passengers’ e-Visa information by the following steps:
Step 1:Apply for an account via Form 03.
Step 2:Sign in with the account to check passengers’ e-Visa information.
Completing the e-Visa application
- What photos are required for the application?
Two photos of the applicant must be uploaded:
– Portrait photo (4x6cm): Looking straight and without glasses.
– Passport data page: Full page including photo, personal information and ICAO lines.
- What if my name is too long or includes special characters?
Write your full name as it appears in the ICAO line of your passport data page.
- Is it necessary to complete all required information in the application?
Yes. You must complete all required information to be eligible to receive an e-Visa.
E-Visa fee and payment
- How much is the e-Visa fee?
The current e-Visa fee is 25USD.
- How can I make a payment for my e-Visa
Payment is made via bank account. To make a payment, follow these steps:
Step 1: Choose 1 of the 4 payment methods listed on the web page.
Step 2: Provide the required information and click “Pay” to complete the procedure.
- If my e-Visa is refused or unused, will my payment be refunded?
No. Payments for e-Visa applications are non-refundable.
Entry & exit with an e-Visa
- Which entry & exit checkpoints allow e-Visa holders to enter and exit Vietnam?
E-Visa holders can enter and exit Vietnam through any checkpoint in 33 international checkpoints.
To check more information, visit Vietnam e-Visa website.
- If I use my e-Visa to enter/exit Vietnam, what do I have to do at the checkpoint?
E-Visa holders must present the printed e-Visa and valid passport at the checkpoint.
- Do I need to enter Vietnam on the exact date specified in my e-Visa application?
The validity period of your e-Visa begins from the date specified in your approved e-Visa document. You can enter Vietnam on any date within this validity period.
- Can I enter Vietnam before or after the validity period specified in my e-Visa?
No. You cannot enter Vietnam before or after the validity period specified in your e-Visa.
- What if I want to enter Vietnam before my e-Visa validity period?
You must complete a new e-Visa application. The previous e-Visa application will be cancelled once the new e-Visa is issued.
Source: Vietnam Immigration Department
Please be noted that, Vietnam has temporarily stopped issuing e-Visa for foreigners who are in or have recently visited areas where Covid-19 is spreading.