- Visit Vietnam Insider’s homepage for more stories
Da Nang has banned gatherings of more than five in public and outside of offices and schools in its latest move against coronavirus spread.
Le Trung Chinh, chairman of the municipal People’s Committee, issued the decision Thursday night, which is a step beyond the city’s previous limitation of no more than 30 people in a gathering.
The new decision would help minimize the disease’s spread, especially within families, said Chinh.
Da Nang has already suspended non essential services like bars, dance clubs, karaoke parlors and festival activities since May 4, among other measures.
The city, a popular beach destination and also a former coronavirus epicenter in last year’s wave, is recording new Covid-19 outbreaks which have seen 112 community cases since May 4. While municipal authorities said outbreaks have been put under control, mass testings are still being pushed to weed out any potential infection source within the community.
Vietnam’s new Covid-19 wave has seen 713 local cases recorded in 26 cities and provinces since April 27.
This article was originally published in Vnexpress
text: ‘Report this ad’,
text: ‘Privacy settings’,